Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sit back, relax...

Technology.

It seems that it has seperated generations since the invention of the phonograph. The generation before never quite understands the point or purpose of these "new-fangled doo-dads." With the radio, kids were neglecting listening to LIVE music and LIVE shows; television took kids away from the outdoors; and the internet has destroyed this generation's chances for meaningful personal communication.

I don't see it that way. With any technology, there can be misuse and abuse. There can also be purposeful integration of this technology with our lives to make them easier, calmer and more efficient. The problem with current trends in technology, however, is that it all seems to be advancing too fast for any person with a life to keep up.

Luckily, I HAVE NO LIFE. I hope to show you new technologies, explain them in a way that you don't need a degree to understand, and give you helpful ways and reasons to incorporate it into your life. Think of me as the Nerd Guardian Angel, sent to make you life a little easier. And if I can help you discover a way to watch movies that is easier than driving down to Blockbuster (you DID hear the rumor that they were DECLARING BANKRUPTCY THIS MONTH RIGHT?), I will walk away a happy man.

Here's to our time spent together. I hope we both learn some things. But I especially hope you do.

NEXT POST: Net Neutrality: Who CARES?

No comments:

Post a Comment